Quiz #: 25279
One man, alone, on another planet. Surviving and waiting for someone to come and get him.
- Every human being has a basic instinct to help each other out. If a hiker gets lost in the mountains, people coordinate a search. If an earthquake levels the city, people all over the world send emergency supplies. This instinct is found in every culture without exception.
- At around 4:30 am our satellites detected a storm approaching the area's three mission side on Mars. The strom had escalated to severe and we had no choice but to abort the mission. But during the evacuation astronaut Mark Watney was killed.
- I'm entering this log for the record, this is Mark Watney and I'm still alive, obviously. I have no way to contact NASA or my crew mates but even if I could it would take 4 years for another manned mission to reach me. And I mean I have designed the last 31 days. So in the face of overwhelming odds I'm left with only one option. I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this. OK ! Let's do the maths. I've got to figure out how to grow four years worth of food, here, on a planet where nothing grows. But if I can figure out a way to make contact with NASA, none of this matters anyway.
- Houston be advised. We've got a video message, it's directed to the whole crew.
- Play it !
- My God ! Mark Watney still alive !
- In your face Neil Armstrong !
- We left him behind, let's go get our boy. This is something NASA rejected so we're talking mutiny and if we mess-up this supply rendez-vous, he dies. If we mess-up the Earth gravity assist, we die.
- It's space, it doesn't cooperate. I guarantee you that at some point everything's gonna go south on you and you're going to say, this is it, this is how I end.
- Is it possible that he's still alive !
Mot Anglais Phonétique Traduction
- Hiker /ˈhaɪkəʳ/ Un randonneur
- Earthquake /ˈ3ːθkweɪk/ Tremblement de terre
- Manned /mænd/ Habité
- Overwhelming odds /ˌəʊvəˈwelmɪŋ/ /ɒdz/ Des propabilités accablantes
- Whole /həʊl/ Entier
- A mutiny /ˈmjuːtɪnɪ/ Une mutinerie
- Mess-up /ˈmesʌp/ Faire rater
- Supply /səˈplaɪ/ ravitaillement
Quiz #: 25279
1 ) Every human being has a basic instinct to ...
2) Where do we find this instinct ?
3) At around .... our satellites detected a storm.
4) The storm had escalated to ...
5) Which astronaut was killed during the evacuation ?
6) I'm still alive, ...
7) If I could, it would take ... years
8) I mean I have designed the ...
9) What will he have to do? We'll have to ... things out.
10) What grows on the planet ?
11) To whom is the video message directed ?
12) This is something NASA ...
13) What does space not do ?
"Thank you" notes for the quiz makers are appreciated. You can use the FB Comments box below to leave a message (without actually posting to FB if preferred). It's nice to hear from you. Thank you for using eslvideo.com 😊