Aesop: The Bear And The Two Travelers - 120Quiz #: 32493
Reading Comp Quiz - 120 words per minute - TOEFL
Two men were traveling together when a bear suddenly met them on the path. One of them climbed up a tree and hid in the branches. The other fell flat on the ground, and when the bear came and poked at him with his snout and smelled him all over, the man held his breath and pretended to be dead. The bear left him alone, for it is said that bears will not touch a dead body.
When the bear was gone, the other traveler descended from the tree and jokingly asked his friend what the bear had whispered in his ear.
"He gave me this advice," his companion replied. "Never travel with a friend who leaves you when danger comes."
Aesop: The Bear And The Two Travelers - 120
Quiz #: 32493
1. A "snout" is:
2. "Descended" means:
3. A "companion" is:
4. Which of the following best describes the traveler who climbed the tree?
5. How does the man feel about his traveling partner who climbed the tree?
6. What did the man do when he pretended to be dead?
7. What do people say about bears?
8. When the man pretended to be dead, what did the bear do?
"Thank you" notes for the quiz makers are appreciated. You can use the FB Comments box below to leave a message (without actually posting to FB if preferred). It's nice to hear from you. Thank you for using eslvideo.com 😊