Movies - Videos - TV
Quiz by rmd
This ESL Video quiz titled, "Charade 4," is for intermediate English as a Second Language students who are studying English online to develop fluency in English.
Oh, I telephoned but nobody answered.
I wanted to tell you how sorry I am -- and
see if there's anything I could do.
How did you find out?
It's in the afternoon papers.
I'm very sorry.
I pressed the bell but it doesn't ring I guess.
I know there's no electricity.
Well, where did everything go?
Charles sold it all -- at auction. This is all I have left.
I love this room, but Charles never really saw it. Only the things in it.
I think I prefer it this way.
What are you going to do?
Try and get my old job back at UNESCO,
I'm a simultaneous translator --
like Sylvie, only she's English into
French -- I'm French into English.
That's what I was doing before I married
The police probably think I killed him.
Instant divorce you mean?
Something like that. It's terrible to end it this way though -- tossed off a
train like a sack of third-class mail.
Well, come on. You can't stay here.
I don't know where to go.
We'll find you a hotel.
Nothing too expensive -- I'm not a lady
of leisure anymore, you know.
Something clean and modest -- and
near enough to UNESCO so that you can
take a cab when it rains -- okay?
Quiz #: 32903
1. Reggie is at home. The apartment _________ silent.
2. Suddenly, Reggie ___________ footsteps.
3. She ___________ who it could be.
4. Peter ___________ the room.
5. Reggie must be thinking, "What ___________________ here?"
6. Peter explains that he _____________ her husband died.
7. Reggis asks, "How _________ you find out?"
8. Peter says that he _________ about it in the newspaper.
9. Peter asks, "Where _______ everything go?"
10. Reggie tells him that Charles _________ everything at auction.
11. Peter asks, "What _______________?"
12. Reggie says that she ____________________ to get her old job back.
13. Peter thinks that's a good idea. He __________ to help her find a hotel.
14. Question: What was Reggie's job before she got married?
15: Question: Why can't Reggie stay at the apartment?
"Thank you" notes for the quiz makers are appreciated. You can use the FB Comments box below to leave a message (without actually posting to FB if preferred). It's nice to hear from you. Thank you for using eslvideo.com 😊