Mark Spark and Betty Brain are scientists. Mark is an inventor and Betty is his assistant. Today Betty and Mark are in their lab. They are working on some experiments.
- Mark, what are you making?
- I’m making a present for my cousin George. He is coming today for a short visit.
- But that’s a carton of milk.
- It looks like a carton of milk, but it’s not. I connect it with my mobile phone and it becomes a speaker. George loves milk and loves music too.
- Why are you wearing a tie? You never wear ties.
- I hate ties, but I’m wearing this tie because it’s a present from my cousin George.
- Mark, what are you cooking?
- I’m cooking vegetables.
- Vegetables? But you hate vegetables! You always eat meat.
- Yes, but cousin George is a vegetarian. He doesn’t eat meat.
- What are you doing?
- I’m putting away my things. It’s always a disaster when George comes. Thanks goodness he is only staying for dinner.
- George, nice to see you. This is Betty, my lovely assistant.
- Hello Betty, nice to meet you.
- Nice to meet you too, George.
- Where can I put my suitcases? I’m staying for a week.
- Oh, no!
There are no notes for this quiz.
Quiz by 1martams
1martams's Teacher Page
Tags: Present simple - Present continuous
Description: Use of present simple and present continuous