Quiz #: 18399
- Sorry I’m late!
- We didn't ever think you'd leave Ol' Miss.
- I’d just take four years, Jolene.
- I got a job today writing for The Jackson Journal.
- Great, you can write my obituary: “Charlotte Phelan dead! Her daughter, still single”.
- Does this dress look homemade?
- I reckon when you finish it won't.
- Thank you!
- She looks like a winning horse at the Kentucky Derby.
- I've drafted The Home Help Sanitation Initiative.
- The what?
- A bill that requires every white home to have a separate bathroom for the help.
- Maybe we should just build you a bathroom outside, Hilly.
- Hey Aibileen.
- Hey Minnie.
- These women raise white children, we love them and they love us, but they can’t even use the toilets in our houses.
- Minnie, are you in there? You are fired!
- You said to write about what disturbs me, particularly what bothers no one else.
- I thought you’d write something from the point of view of the help.
- I want to interview you.
- No maid is ever gonna tell you the truth. That's a hell of a risk to take in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Courage ain’t just about being brave. It’s about overcoming fear and daring to do what is right with your fellow men.
- What changed your mind?
- God and Miss Hilly Holbrook.
- I'm gonna help with your stories.
- We all are.
- You all two brought me into this, but I'm gonna finish it!
- Have you lost your mind?
- No ma’am, but you’re about to.
- It’s quite scandalous, sounds like Jackson if you ask me.
- You tell Aibeleen, do I have plans for her!
- You're a godless woman.
- You've gone and done it now.
Help [ˈhɛlp] : bonne
Homemade [ˌhəʊmˈmeɪd] : fait maison
Fire [faɪə] : renvoyer
Obituary [əˈbɪtjʊərɪ]: revue nécrologique