Projects For Learning Google Docs - Computers / Digital Literacy
For ESL Computers / Digital Literacy Classes.You can make a copy of these documents and edit them as needed.
To make a copy, click an image below to open the file in Google Docs, then click File >> Make a Copy.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, are welcome. This page is updated fairly regularly. Join the newsletter to hear when new content is added.
Games for Learning Google Docs ToolbarGames:
1. See the Teacher Notes at the top of the document.. then go ahead and delete them before you share the document with your class.
Explore Google Docs 1
(Classwork and Student Work)
1. Share the documents with your students. Have each student make their own copy of each document.
2. Walk the class through the "Classwork" activity. Demonstrate how to complete each task.
3. When finised, ask them to open the "Student Work" document and complete each task again -- this time on their own if possible.
"My Friend" ProjectTeacher Notes
Students practice sending an image from their phone, downloading it from email, creating a new document, working with text and image, and sharing their google doc with their teacher.
1. Review the example with your class and discuss the steps. Here are the steps:
- Send a picture from your phone to your Gmail.
- Download the image from Gmail.
- Open Google Docs and create a New Document.
- Title the document.
- Type your name, the class, and date.
- Type and center align the title. Increase the title font size.
- Type a paragraph. Don't forget to indent.
- Drag and drop your picture to the document.
- Click the blue SHARE button in the top right corner, and Share your document with your Teacher.
- Finally, present your project to the class.
2. Repeat the project each class or as desired (with any picture from their phone).
LOST DOG ProjectTeacher Notes
Students practice formatting text.
1. Share this document with everyone in the class (view only - they make their own copy)
2. Format the provided table to look something like the example on page 2.
"International Foods" Restaurant ProjectTeacher Notes
Students learn how to find (search Google Images) and add images to a document.
1. Share the document with the students - Everyone is working on the same document.
2. Review the example and template.
3. Assign or let each student in the group pick one of the following categories. They then populate the menu with images of food/drinks from their country.
See additional Teacher Notes at top of document.