1. Where were the skeletons of the plague victims found?
C. New York City
2. When did the Black Death take place?
A. Between 1300-1400
B. Between 1500-1600
C. Between 1700-1800
3. What part of the skeleton did scientists use to find samples of the Black Death pathogen?
A. Bones in the feet
B. Bones in the ear
4. What does the professor mean when he says 'the million-dollar question'?
A. It means it is the ultimate (most important) question
B. It means if he knows the answer he will win a lot of money for his discovery
C. It means that his research cost the university one million dollars
5. Why does the professor say ' It's sort of not a needle in a haystack. It's more like needle in the University of Michigan football stadium'?
A. He is illustrating just how difficult his task is by changing a common saying
B. He is a professor at the University of Michigan
C. He thinks that there are more bones of plague victims at the University of Michigan
6. Is modern medicine effective against the Black Death pathogen?
A. No, not even modern antibiotics can fight against this illness
B. Yes, modern antibiotics have proven effective
C. It is unclear at this point
7. What is currently being researched about the pathogen?
A. Scientists are trying to determine why it hit Europe and Michigan
B. Scientists want to know if they can recreate the pathogen in a lab
C. Scientists want to determine why it was so deadly