1. We invited a lot of people to the party, but only a few ___ up.
2. He got very angry and started yelling. Everyone told him to calm ___.
3. I can't believe I ___ into a friend of mine from childhood at the festival - I hadn't seen her in twenty years!
4. My daughter loves to make ___ stories. She's very imaginative - maybe she'll be a writer someday!
5. We set ___ on our road trip at around 5am.
6. Six months later, he's still upset that he didn't get the job. He should just get ___ it already!
7. During the meeting, she ___ up a lot of issues that had been problematic for a long time.
8. While we were exploring the city, we came ___ a wonderful antiques shop.
9. My parents expected me to get good grades, and I always studied hard so that I wouldn't ___ them down.
10. The woman was handing ___ free samples of perfume.