Complete the sentences below using the simple past or past continuous verb tense.
1. Jack ________________ video games when his mom ______________ home from work.
a.) played / was coming
b.) was playing / came
2. She _____________ Jack a box.
a.) was giving
3. Jack ______________ the box. There was a puppy inside!
b.) was opening
4. The puppy wanted to play. The puppy _____________ at Jack.
5. But Jack ________________ to play with the puppy. He wanted to play video games.
a.) didn't wanted
a.) didn't want
6. The puppy ______ a ball.
b.) was finding
7. The puppy __________ with the ball.
8. The puppy was funny. Jack _________.
9. Jack and the puppy ______ outside to play. “Mom! We’ll be outside,” Jack said.
a.) were going